How to Update WP ESTATE theme via FTP
To update the theme via FTP:
- Download the theme again from the Theme Forest account, where you initially purchased it.
- Login to your FTP account and navigate to your WordPress Installation directory
- Navigate to the folder
- Replace the “WPESTATE” folder (not the .zip-file). This is the folder located inside the “Upload” folder in the zip-file you’ve downloaded from Themeforest.
- When notified if you want to overwrite files, choose \’YES\’ to all.
We do not recommend to do a partial update.
1. If you changes are in child theme you can do the theme update via FTP like here – http://wpestate.org/theme-help/installation-f-a-q/
Changes in child theme are not affected and you can review them in case new theme updates are done in the same files you modified as well. If this is the case you need to adapt your child theme to new theme updates.
2. If you do not have changes done in child theme – then you will need to add the changes again in the main theme after you do the update.
To have backup of your previous changes please follow these steps:
You can download from Theme Forest – Your buyer Account – Downloads menu.
Just to be sure you didn’t add any language file in wpestate/languages or other changes, and you not forget to save before you update via admin, do this:
a. Login via FTP and rename previous theme from wpestate to wpestate_old
b. Then via wp-admin – themes – add new wpestate.zip from the theme pack you downloaded from theme forest, install and activate.
c. If any changes exist in the previous version – add in the new version again.