• Gabriel
    December 24, 2014 at 11:50 am #101427

After a search, a listing filter option bar is display. It allows to filter depending on properties price and to change display from grid to list.

How could I add sorting options on Cities or County/State for example ?

Thanks !

December 26, 2014 at 3:29 pm #101460

Hi glemarie

What you describe would require new coding I am afraid. We added just sorting because that applies for the search results. If you add Cities and Areas – then the idea of filtering just search results will not apply since the search will work for all properties, not just for the search results.

We have the Properties List which you can use with all the filters available in header.

Thank you

December 28, 2014 at 11:08 am #101481

Hi Anna,

I did a bit of coding to be able to add sorting criterias by modifying :
    – property_list_filters_search.php
    – ajax_functions.php

When I select my new filter (property_city) I have a “no results found”. What I don’t understand is that just changing to “price” sorting option I have results. I compared the arrays of arguments for the queries and the only difference is on the sorting options ([meta_query] is the same, not modified) :
    WORKS :
    [meta_key] => property_price
    [orderby] => meta_value_num
    [order] => DESC

[meta_key] => property_city
    [orderby] => meta_value
    [order] => ASC

Is something missing ?

Thanks for your help

December 29, 2014 at 12:32 pm #101503

Hi Gabriel

Debugging third party code is very difficult. If you know you did the code right, check that the categories titles and slugs are correct.

When you go to Properties Categories, Actions, Cities and Areas – you have titles and slugs written correctly, meaning they must match. As in this video – http://wpestate.org/wp-residence-taxonomies/

It’s my best idea. Hope it helps.

December 29, 2014 at 7:24 pm #101510

I can understand but can you confirm that the two files I modified are the correct ones ?

December 30, 2014 at 10:06 am #101513

Hi Gabriel

Please open a support ticket here and will ask my colleagues to confirm the files are correct – http://support.wpestate.org/

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.