• kayz
    March 2, 2015 at 3:10 am #103846

Hi there i notice when adding a property it has the option to set the ‘property built’ date under ‘property custom’. Is the property built date necessary these days?

I notice from the property page example here: http://help.wpestatetheme.org/#property it has the option to add ‘Available from (*date)’ However the latest version i have no longer has this option.

What i want to achieve is for users to be able to search ‘Most recent’ added properties in the last 30 days, 14 days, 7 days etc.

I ask this because the top two property sites in the UK offer the option for users to search by date for when a property was ‘Added’ to the site.

See examples:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/# (click advanced search)

Thank You

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  kayz.
    March 9, 2015 at 12:18 pm #104051

Hi Kayz,

This was already answered in the ticket that you opened.

Thank you,

March 12, 2015 at 7:01 pm #104325

Hi under ‘Custom Fields’ I was able to add the option for date: ‘Field Name: Available From, Field Label: Available From, Field Type: date’. This works perfectly and it displays the date on the front under ‘Property Details’.

Now I want to get this enabled under ‘Advanced Search’.

So I create a spot inside ‘Custom Fields for Advanced Search’. I have the following settings: Search field, How it will compare and Label on Front end.

Inside Search Field I have the option of selecting my custom field which I created earlier from ‘Custom Fields’ that is a date. However the Front Label on the website does not appear to have a date menu nor format for me to select however this is enabled in the back?

My question now is. How can I bring my ‘Custom Field’ (which is working in the backend) in date format to the front advanced search?

Thank You.

March 12, 2015 at 7:11 pm #104326

Ok UPDATE.

After many tries I have got this to work on the back and front with ‘date’ option as advanced custom search.

However the search does not work and always gives me a 0 result? This is a bug maybe?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.