• rossghm
    August 28, 2015 at 9:12 am #122017

is it possible to manually define the options for a ‘Bedrooms’ option (dropdown) in the Advanced Search?

For example, right now our Advanced Search shows all of the options available based on the bedroom Taxonomy of the properties being uploaded to the site, so we have 1 – 10 in our drpodown.

Would it be possible to set this to be something like:

Min bedrooms
    > 1
    > 2
    > 3
    > 4

After that we can apply the ‘greater’ filter to it in the advanced search option, so customers who select ‘3’ for example, can see everything with 3 or more bedrooms.

An example of our current advanced search can be seen at: http://markantonyestates.com/homeconcept/

Camelia Support Team - WP Estate
    August 28, 2015 at 11:54 am #122042

Hi rossghm
    Thank you for your comment.
    Please use our support system if you wish our assistance – this is a general interest forum where clients can share their custom solutions if they wish to.

Client support is here – http://support.wpestate.org/

Thank you

August 28, 2015 at 2:24 pm #122065

Hi Ross

We didn’t test such a display of options.

I can tell you where to look for existing code that generates the dropdown now.

If you know a new way of displaying option and still work with number fields as these are, then you can apply it here.

In help_functions.php at line 1334 there is the function wpestate_show_search_field –

In this function we create the advanced search form with custom fields.

You need to look around 1434 and start from there – please note that the actual dropdown is made via function wpestate_build_dropdown_adv()

Looking further into code, you see this

$rooms_select_list = ' <li role="presentation" data-value="all">'. $adv_search_label[$key].'</li>';
    while($i < 10 ){

($i < 10 ){ –> This translates to options from 1 to 10 in dropdown.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.