• Rob B
    March 20, 2014 at 3:56 pm #27691

Hey there. For properties that are returned on the map, I’m looking to make the following adjustments, but I’m not sure about the best ways to do these things. I would like to:

— adjust the large size of the text + graphic to make it less wide.

– change the fields that are returned in the text area of the property on the map. I’d like to just show price, rooms and bedrooms.

– adjust the centering of the property on the map. From reading the forums I was able to successfully remove the featured image of the property on the map with CSS (display:none). But now, the property falls a little too far down (south) in the initial view. So what I want to do is when an individual property is returned, is adjust the view of the map so it’s a little more south.

Thanks!

Rob

Anna
    March 21, 2014 at 7:34 pm #27924

Hi Rob,

I need team’s assistance on this. Will reply by Monday!

Thank you
    Anna

Anna
    March 23, 2014 at 6:36 am #28163

Hi Rob,

I think you refer all questions to Infobox and Maps pin position. Please see my reply below:

— adjust the large size of the text + graphic to make it less wide.

—-> You can to modify this from CSS. Use this CSS for reference

.info_details {
    margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
    width: 670px;
    max-width: 670px;
    margin-top: -435px;
    position: absolute;
    background: #ffffff;
    box-shadow: 3px 5px 13px 0px rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.2);
    margin-left: -90px;
    }

http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/property-google-maps-change-height-and-info-box-size/

– change the fields that are returned in the text area of the property on the map. I’d like to just show price, rooms and bedrooms.

—-> Use this forum for instructions http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/remove-category-and-action-from-infobox/

– adjust the centering of the property on the map. From reading the forums I was able to successfully remove the featured image of the property on the map with CSS (display:none). But now, the property falls a little too far down (south) in the initial view. So what I want to do is when an individual property is returned, is adjust the view of the map so it’s a little more south.

—-> You need to modify the each .js for this.
    —-> I believe this forum post will help as example:

The property page google map js is in

wpestate/js/google_js/google_map_code_prop.js

Line responsible is (around line ~165(

map.panBy(380,vertical_pan);

Forum reference – http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/move-pin-default-position-on-property-page/

Thank you
    Anna

Rob B
    March 28, 2014 at 2:20 am #28982

Hey Anna,

This is wonderful help, thank you.

I’m looking for just two more small pieces of help.

1) I am wondering if on the individual property page, if it’s possible to place the pin of the current property being looked at, not all the pins in the system. The reason for this is that the client is mainly interested just the location of the pin.

2) On the individual property page, I seem to be “stuck” at a zoom level of around 14 or so, even if I hard code the zoom as 20. I’m not sure if this is because it’s currently plotting all the properties, but it would be nice to be zoomed all the way in.

Thanks again!

Rob B

Anna
    March 30, 2014 at 12:49 pm #29383

Hi Rob,

For item 1 – it is required a more complex modification. We looked for a shortcut to tell you, but there isn’t any. If you’d like us to quote this for you, please send me an email at annapx0909@gmail.com

For item 2 – I don’t understand why that would happen. We have no technical restrictions set. You can see here that you can zoom all the way http://wpestatetheme.org/properties/condo-240-w-98th-street/

If possible, send me a link to your website where zoom doesn’t work.

Thank you
    Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.