• Mag
    January 17, 2014 at 5:26 pm #19141

Hello again, ran into another small issue – I have set my taxonomies for City and Area, however, don’t quite understand how it is supposed to work – and how is it connected to the Advanced Search options in Theme Options Panel.

I chose my order – City/Area etc – chose front end labels to be Country/City – seems to have no effect, it displays the original name, but I can probs sort that out right from the php files.

Further, when I select City from the dropdown in search widget or on listings page, that seems to affect Area list and nothing shows up.

I can only pick Areas if I select All Cities in the first dropdown.

I’d appreciate your help.

Thank you.

All Areas are assigned to Cities in the WP admin.

Anna
    January 18, 2014 at 2:01 pm #19202

Hi Mag,

I chose my order – City/Area etc – chose front end labels to be Country/City – seems to have no effect, it displays the original name, but I can probs sort that out right from the php files.

-> I’m not sure I understand this problem. You have problems editing names All Cities to All Countries and All Areas to All Cities?
    -> If this is the case, you can simply use POEDIT – like I explain here – http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/edit-labels-for-all-cities-all-states-all-listings-and-all-types-in-english/

Further, when I select City from the dropdown in search widget or on listings page, that seems to affect Area list and nothing shows up.

-> I don’t quite understand this one. There is an option in Theme Options that allows to to show on Advanced Search areas/cities with properties or without properties. Maybe it’s that setting you’re referring to?

I can only pick Areas if I select All Cities in the first dropdown. All Areas are assigned to Cities in the WP admin.

-> It should work as on Demo. If you assign areas to city, then Areas are dependent on the city selected. This is normal. But you should see areas if you click on All Areas dropdown

Again, I may not be understanding correctly your problem. If you can send me a link to your website, and a screenshot, I’m sure I can help more. You can email me these details at annapx0909@gmail.com

Thank you
    Anna

Mag
    January 18, 2014 at 10:46 pm #19235

Hello, seems like it’s sorted now – there appeared to be a conflict with WP All Import plugin. Import worked great, but the plugin seemed to have caused some weird issues with other theme elements. Now it’s gone, and so far so good πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

'
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.