• Alex
    January 10, 2014 at 5:24 pm #17857

Hi Anna,

Having quizzed you in the comments I bought the theme a couple of days ago and am really happy with it! You’ve really engineered it so well. Compared to most other themes I’ve used its a pleasure to work with.

I’d like to disable the responsive elements of the site if possible. My target audience is unlikely to use it on a mobile and elements I have changed will not work as well on a mobile layout.

Is there some css I could enter/remove to achieve this?

Any help appreciated! Thanks

January 10, 2014 at 8:16 pm #17887

Hi Alex,

This is such great news :) Thank you!

To disable Responsive, rename my_media.css to my_mediax.css (just an example) Should be enough.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank you!

January 23, 2014 at 9:41 pm #19836

Hi Anna, just tried renaming my_media.css and commented the “my_media” line in Functions.php but some elements still try to change its distribution when the browser window gets smaller (top menu, sliders and content).

Is there another file that has to be modified to disable this behaviour?

January 24, 2014 at 12:55 pm #19877

My_media css is the only file that is responsible with the responsive. So if you delete that and still not work make sure is not caching.

If the problem persist -plese comeback with a link and more details.

January 24, 2014 at 4:02 pm #19889

Hi Anna and Crerem,

I’m also having the same issue as Ksearch. I’ve disabled the My_media.css file by renaming it and this has clearly had an effect on the site as a mobile version now no longer loads. However rather than the page staying at a fixed size on the screen the menu bar is narrowing (but not the link bar which is now staying at a fixed size). The footer also narrows.

If you have any other ideas on how to completely fix the size of the layout so it appears the same on all screens that would be appreciated.

By the way, your responsive styling works well and appreciate the effort that must have gone into it but for my purposes (and somewhat complex page layouts) keeping things fixed is just easier!

Thanks for your help

January 25, 2014 at 2:14 am #19911

Hi Crerem,

My site isn’t uploaded yet (still running it locally for development work) so, I can’t share an URL to check the issue.

I run some tests and it doesn’t look like a CSS cache issue, for example, the post content got “fixed” by adding “.row {min-width: 940px;}” in custom CSS, but I haven’t had luck with the menu related classes. Would you help me with some tip about it? Thanks!

January 25, 2014 at 3:36 am #19914

Please send me a live link – it almost impossible to help you without seeing what is actually happening.
    Looking over the js files – there are some actions that are performed when the screen is less than 960 px wide – but i need to see a live example before giving directions

January 25, 2014 at 5:24 pm #19961

Hi Crerem,

Link for my test site is:

I’ve disabled the My_media.css file by renaming it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

January 27, 2014 at 4:33 am #20029

First: on http://agencymaison.staging.wpengine.com/ – the revolution slider is set to responsive and this make the things a little messy – disable the responsive pls

Second : open header.php and remove this line
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1″ />

There are other steps but let’s do these 2 first.

January 27, 2014 at 1:23 pm #20046

Ok, done those two things and have also disabled the media_css by renaming it.

I will await further instructions!

Thanks for your help with this.

January 27, 2014 at 2:53 pm #20065

add these at the end of the style.css

.header_control {

html, body {
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    min-width: 1200px;

After this the first page should looks the way you want. Btw, why do you want to disable responsive ? It will not look nice on smartphones or smaller tablets

January 29, 2014 at 9:39 am #20370

Thanks for getting back to me with those instructions. I’m now managing to achieve more of the look I’m after. I’ve quite heavily modified the layout of some pages and this makes things go funny with the standard media queries. I need to re-write some of those but in the meantime this is a good fix.

Appreciate your help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.