• strongeagle
    January 6, 2015 at 12:39 pm #101590

When a user adds a properties, it seems they are forced (in order to get a real pin on the map) to select a city from a drop-down menu. What if that city has not been added by admin? Is it possible for individual users to simply add the city their property is actually in?

January 9, 2015 at 4:12 pm #101665

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for your message.

Admin must add cities in back end and in front end the user can only choose from the dropdown the city. This was designed like this, so admin has full control on what users can add.
    By having the taxonomies added only by Admin, it can be avoided situations when users misspell a city and create a lot of duplicates.

Thank you,

March 10, 2015 at 6:05 pm #104251

This is a bad practice and should be discontinued and changed. Property listers should have the add city option if his city is not in the drop down list. The fact is, all real estate websites allow the user or property Lister to add their city or choose from a previously listed cities drop down. Otherwise the admin of the site ends up severely limiting and even crippling his potential market. I feel fairly confident that most people know how to properly spell their own city name. If not, the admin can easily change it to be spelled correctly. The fact is, that it would not be to often that someone would misspell a city and the admin should not have to do too much to keep track of it. And besides, when you have a real estate site and you wish to list a property and your city is not their simply because the admin did not think to add your city because your city is not close to him, then you have just lost a potential customer and this is not good practice for a successful realty website.

March 10, 2015 at 6:07 pm #104252

Ps, who has a csv file of all cities and states in the northwest region of the US? Ugh! smh….

March 16, 2015 at 5:06 am #104425

Hello Anna I’m interested in buying this theme but before I do that..

Do I have to add every city and neighborhoods manually one by one as it seems bit impossible to do or time consuming.

For example if I want to add all the cities and neighborhoods from the UK how would I do that?

March 27, 2015 at 8:38 am #105094

I personally use BulkPress plugin to add multiple taxonomies of any sort without having to manually type and go crazy with clicks. Just find a list of cities you’re after in Google, copy and paste into the plugin interface and it’s done.

March 27, 2015 at 9:53 am #105098

Hi mag07,

Have you tried that with this theme? It’s not just about adding them, it’s about searching for them, too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.