• NiVanc
    October 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm #100106

The saved search and email alert feature only works for registered users.
    Would it be possible that a visitor can receive email alerts by entering his/her emailaddress?

Any idea how I could accomplish this? Any help would be much appretiated!

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by  NiVanc.
    October 22, 2014 at 4:02 pm #100131

I think this would be a brilliant function as not everybody wants to sign up as a user, but are happy to enter there email to receive regular updates.

October 23, 2014 at 6:40 am #100140

I wonder how we can modify the code in order to accomplish this.
    The logic for the email alerts is written in the events.php file.

Any help on how I could realise this myself?

October 23, 2014 at 8:19 am #100142

+1 Great idea

October 24, 2014 at 2:49 pm #100288

Can I expect any form of support or should I figure this out on my own?
    I’m not sure what kind of support is included if one buys a theme from Themeforest.

Thanks for clarifying this issue.

October 24, 2014 at 2:59 pm #100289

I have brought a couple of themes from the developer and there support is brilliant.

They will get back to us.

October 28, 2014 at 1:04 pm #100377

Hi NiVanc and djshady,

Thank you for the comments.

If you wish to save people’s email to send them regular emails you need a newsletter plugin and let people subscribe (agree to terms and conditions) so they can also un-subscribe in case they change their minds. It’s something else than save search. A good plugin is Mail Chimp. They have their own email server, email templates – you’d do a good job with them, even if you may need to pay something extra.

For SEARCH EMAIL ALERT and SAVE – we could only develop this for registered users (Zillow has the same). You’ll see this is the general technical direction to ensure people can see what searches they saved in user dashboard. So for sure people need to register.

Perhaps there are usability ideas to add from here (how people register). We’re open to suggestions.

For custom work requests and urgent support questions please use our ticket system – http://support.wpestate.org/

Thank you,

The forum ‘Custom Work’ is closed to new topics and replies.