• mmatos
    December 15, 2014 at 10:06 am #101237

How can I hide the whole Features & Amenities panel when the list is empty?

It really doesn’t look good when the Title show and there is nothing to display.

What conditions should I add to this code:

<!-- Features and Ammenties -->
                if ( count( $feature_list_array )!=0 && !count( $feature_list_array )!=1 ){ //  if are features and ammenties
                <div class="panel-group property-panel" id="accordion_prop_features">  
                    <div class="panel panel-default">
                        <div class="panel-heading">
                            <a data-toggle="collapse" data-parent="#accordion_prop_features" href="#collapseThree">
                                if($property_features_text ==''){
                                    print '<h4 class="panel-title" id="prop_ame">'.__('Amenities and Features', 'wpestate').'</h4>';
                                    print '<h4 class="panel-title" id="prop_ame">'. $property_features_text.'</h4>';
                        <div id="collapseThree" class="panel-collapse collapse in">
                          <div class="panel-body">
                          <?php print estate_listing_features($post->ID); ?>
                } // end if are features and ammenties
                <!-- END Features and Ammenties -->

Thanks in advance for the help!

December 15, 2014 at 10:32 am #101238

We will look into this for next version. I know we already discussed this. I tested and it’s not yet implemented. But we’ll add in one of the next versions as it’s a good usability feature.

We have to do the code to give exact instructions. Please wait for the update to be ready.

Thank you!

December 22, 2014 at 10:05 am #101351

Thanks Anna!

Any idea how long this will take?

December 22, 2014 at 10:20 am #101352

Hi Nmatos

New update will be sent for approval today, but for this feature the rule will be like this:

– if you delete all features and amenities in theme options, the text label will not display on property page.
    – but if you have features and amenities, but none is selected on a property – the title will still display as that can’t be made to disappear technically in this scenario

Thank you

December 22, 2014 at 12:48 pm #101363

Hi Anna,

But that doesn’t help much 🙁 There will be properties where I will not need the “features and amenities” but in others I will need them.

If I remove them completely it will be useless and if I keep them, it will still display the title for those properties with NO selected “features and amenities”.

Isn’t there a work around for this option?

December 23, 2014 at 2:18 pm #101405

At this moment this was the best way. I have the idea on the wishlist for 1.09 version. We will keep looking for a technical solution that is easy to implement.

It’s the best I can promise.

Thank you

January 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm #101911

Hi Anna!

I’m still strogoling with this issue! My client doesn’t want to go online until this is solve and I am stuck.

Do you guys have any idea already. It really does not make sense to display the title when the section is empty 🙁

January 19, 2015 at 5:03 am #101956

They have fixed this in the new version. If you don’t have any features listed, the section will not appear. Here was Anna’s response when I asked about it last week.

3.We won’t have any property features listed at all, so is it possible to remove the entire horizontal bar that says “Property Features”?
    Anna—> In 1.08 version if you delete all features, you will not have anything related displaying in front end.

January 19, 2015 at 8:42 am #101962

Hi Naturalstate,

Thank you for the follow up. Actually mmatos wants a different scenario. That we couldn’t solve in 1.08 – and we have on the list to review in 1.09

I know this is important – but we haven’t figured this one yet in 1.09

Please open a ticket here http://support.wpestate.org/ As soon as I have news about the progress on this feature in version 1.09 will update you. It is the best I can do.

Thank you

January 20, 2015 at 8:42 am #102028

Hi Mmantos

I am really sorry – but what you wish would create a new “if” condition which at this moment would increase page load, complicate a code (already complex) and create big issues for us in the code maintenance on long term. Since you are the first client to ask for this in 4000 clients (as the same logic is also in estate) – and knowing the risks, we will not do this at this moment. we will keep the idea on wishlist – and if more clients will need it, we will re-consider our position, although we really recommend against this change.

The options are:

– we do this as custom work just for your client (and he agrees to custom work hours + increase time load for property page). If you wish a quote please open a ticket here http://support.wpestate.org/

– you enable to show properties features un-checked (that way properties still show) and people can see that those are not available (a practice we know it’s being used on real estate websites). The option exists in admin -theme options – features and amenities.

Thank you and I really hope I managed to explain well our opinion on this change request.

Thank you

March 6, 2015 at 9:29 am #103979

Bah! I have the same problem. I’ve added two extra tabs for the floorplan and PDF Brochure, because I cannot import them with WP All Import. They load fine, but if there is no floorplan, it loads the tab and a broken image box.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.