• Anna
    September 11, 2014 at 9:24 am #80638

2. How can I replace the fields like “Type Bedrooms No.” with dropdowns like city, type, etc.

–> there are several places where you need to do that
    –> for map search you need to change – templates/advanced_search_type1.php
    —> for widget you need to change widget/advanced_search.php
    –> for shortcode you need to change libs./shortcodes.php – function wpestate_advanced_search_function at line 370
    these are the input field that can be replaced with select

< input type="text" id = "adv_rooms_shortcode" name="advanced_rooms" placeholder="'.__('Type Bedrooms No.','wpestate').'" class = "advanced_select form-control" >
    or
    < input type="text" id="adv_bath_shortcode" name= "advanced_bath" placeholder= "'.__('Type Bathrooms No.','wpestate').'" class="advanced_select form-control" >

More useful resources:

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-custom-wordpress-writemeta-boxes–wp-20336

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Anna.
    mnajah
    November 23, 2014 at 5:55 pm #100847

Hello, i would like also to know how to change text boxes into dropdown select for Bedrooms/Bathrooms type No i.e instead the user put a number, he would have instad a dropdow list with :1, 2,3, 4+…it’s urgent please help

chopperpl
    December 5, 2014 at 9:56 am #101051

Annna,
    Is there any chance to get an answer to mnajah’s question?
    Thx

sinclair.realty
    December 19, 2014 at 2:05 am #101306

Anna,
    1. Is there going to be a reply to mnajah’s post on “NOVEMBER 23, 2014 AT 5:55 PM #100847” –

“Hello, i would like also to know how to change text boxes into dropdown select for Bedrooms/Bathrooms type No i.e instead the user put a number, he would have instad a dropdow list with :1, 2,3, 4+…it’s urgent please help”

2. How do you add more custom dropdown options to the theme?

strongeagle
    January 6, 2015 at 11:54 am #101587

Hi Anna,

I would like to do this, too. Number of bedrooms in drop-down would ideally include 0 or studio:

Studio
    1 bedroom
    2 bedrooms
    etc…

Thanks,

Valerie

Anna
    January 8, 2015 at 8:35 am #101614

Hi everyone,

This change is complex. We gave a direction – but in general this implies hard coding the search you have and not use custom fields anymore. If anyone needs a custom search different than what is possible – we can only estimate as custom development and we will need to know:

– which search you wish modified (options: search type 1, 2, 3, 4, search widget, search shortcode, search mobile)
    – a screenshot of the new search and the new fields
    – the values of the new dropdowns
    – and if these dropdowns have to be added in admin/front end submission

Please open a custom development ticket with your request on our support forum – http://support.wpestate.org/

Thank you,
    Anna

EXTRA NOTE: we cannot take new custom work orders at this moment.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Anna.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.