• Anna
    September 11, 2014 at 9:24 am #80638

2. How can I replace the fields like “Type Bedrooms No.” with dropdowns like city, type, etc.

–> there are several places where you need to do that
    –> for map search you need to change – templates/advanced_search_type1.php
    —> for widget you need to change widget/advanced_search.php
    –> for shortcode you need to change libs./shortcodes.php – function wpestate_advanced_search_function at line 370
    these are the input field that can be replaced with select

< input type="text" id = "adv_rooms_shortcode" name="advanced_rooms" placeholder="'.__('Type Bedrooms No.','wpestate').'" class = "advanced_select form-control" >
    or
    < input type="text" id="adv_bath_shortcode" name= "advanced_bath" placeholder= "'.__('Type Bathrooms No.','wpestate').'" class="advanced_select form-control" >

More useful resources:

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-custom-wordpress-writemeta-boxes–wp-20336

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Anna.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Anna.
    mnajah
    November 23, 2014 at 5:55 pm #100847

Hello, i would like also to know how to change text boxes into dropdown select for Bedrooms/Bathrooms type No i.e instead the user put a number, he would have instad a dropdow list with :1, 2,3, 4+…it’s urgent please help

chopperpl
    December 5, 2014 at 9:56 am #101051

Annna,
    Is there any chance to get an answer to mnajah’s question?
    Thx

sinclair.realty
    December 19, 2014 at 2:05 am #101306

Anna,
    1. Is there going to be a reply to mnajah’s post on “NOVEMBER 23, 2014 AT 5:55 PM #100847” –

“Hello, i would like also to know how to change text boxes into dropdown select for Bedrooms/Bathrooms type No i.e instead the user put a number, he would have instad a dropdow list with :1, 2,3, 4+…it’s urgent please help”

2. How do you add more custom dropdown options to the theme?

strongeagle
    January 6, 2015 at 11:54 am #101587

Hi Anna,

I would like to do this, too. Number of bedrooms in drop-down would ideally include 0 or studio:

Studio
    1 bedroom
    2 bedrooms
    etc…

Thanks,

Valerie

Anna
    January 8, 2015 at 8:35 am #101614

Hi everyone,

This change is complex. We gave a direction – but in general this implies hard coding the search you have and not use custom fields anymore. If anyone needs a custom search different than what is possible – we can only estimate as custom development and we will need to know:

– which search you wish modified (options: search type 1, 2, 3, 4, search widget, search shortcode, search mobile)
    – a screenshot of the new search and the new fields
    – the values of the new dropdowns
    – and if these dropdowns have to be added in admin/front end submission

Please open a custom development ticket with your request on our support forum – http://support.wpestate.org/

Thank you,
    Anna

EXTRA NOTE: we cannot take new custom work orders at this moment.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Anna.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

'
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.