• naturalstate
    December 30, 2014 at 9:24 pm #101517

Is there a maximum length that an image filename can be? I’ve read in other wordpress forums that there is and that you can change it in phpadmin.

I’m setting up an import with Wp All Import, and it’s getting hung up on one image file name, which happens to be the longest one. How could I go about changing this setting? It’s the featured image for a property.

December 30, 2014 at 9:43 pm #101518

Actually now that I look at it again, it appears that only the image file names that have “%” character in them are not showing up. I’m obviously a beginner when it comes to wordpress too, can you have file names with % characters or is it a theme problem?

December 31, 2014 at 12:04 pm #101533

I am not the expert on WP ALL IMPORT. It may not be able to convert non latin characters during import. Or perhaps there is a way to convert – but you’d need to contact WP ALL IMPORT support.

The theme works with WordPress default settings for images. We have no special restriction. And I am not aware of issues importing images with non latin characters. But again, I haven’t worked myself with this import tool. I just know for sure it works as other clients used it.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.