• creremAnnaAnnaAnna
    July 17, 2014 at 9:11 am #47977

BEFORE 1.09 update, who wished to limit the number of words in long titles were advised to follow below note:

We added limit by characters in WP Residence 1.09

For older version – the comments above apply. For clients who use 1.09 this is not required.

If you have long property titles you may have some alignment issues on property list pages.

There are 2 way to solve this situation

1. Cut the title after a certain no of words and force it in this way to have the same height on all properties.

you can do this by editing templates/property-unit.php and replace line 137

<h4>“><?php the_title();?> </h4>

<h4>“><?php print wp_trim_words( get_the_title(), 10 );?> </h4>

where 10 is the no of words you want in title. The line will also add ” … ” after the title when and if it cuts it.

2.The second option is to increase the height of property unit container.

To do that you need to overwrite the default height from original style.css.

.property_listing {
    height: 355px;

— You can add use a different height and add this new CSS theme options – design – custom CSS so your future updates don’t overwrite this modification.

Change the value of the height with one that suits you

AFTER 1.09 update, who wishes to make the titles limit longer than we set it to be, must look for code like in this screenshot and change the characters number to what he wishes:

title character limit code

Infobox Trim Title:

in pin_management.php

Replace existing code with the code below *same lines, but replace and change 3 to your chosen value

$title_orig = get_the_title();
    $title =  substr( $title_orig,0,3); 
    /* if(strlen($title_orig)>45){
    $title.= '...';   
    // print $title_orig .' / '.$title.'</br>';
    $place_markers[]    = rawurlencode ($title);//0
    July 18, 2014 at 8:29 am #48212

1. To trim titles in infobox

In pin_management.php at line 197

$place_markers[] = get_the_title();//0 – replace the get_the_title with what is in form post.

2. Decrease the number of words in Excerpt

from templates/property_unit.php

~line 161

< ?php echo wpestate_strip_words( get_the_excerpt(),14).' ...'; ?>
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Anna.
    October 12, 2014 at 3:02 am #99905

I looked for templates/property-unit.php to replace line 137, but I can’t find it !!
    I searched in /wp-content/themes/
    what did I miss ?

October 21, 2014 at 2:14 pm #100088

This would be handy to be able to do but I can’t find templates/property-unit.php either

[EDIT] .. sorry just realised this is in the WP Residence forum.. I’m using WP Estate

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  RobK.
    October 23, 2014 at 8:33 am #100143

Can the titles be trimmed in WPEstate too? or just in WPResidence?

I would like to be able to do this in WPEstate

Thank you

October 28, 2014 at 1:29 pm #100386

Hi Rob

It can be in any title. You just have to look for the files you wish to modify and look for title.

Thank you

October 31, 2014 at 7:18 pm #100487

Please, how about trimming by number of characters as opposed to number of words. Would that not me more precise? And how can that be done?

October 31, 2014 at 7:20 pm #100488

And Also, I tried it with the user dashboard, it also works….Line 96. 🙂

November 3, 2014 at 3:39 pm #100516

Hi Dasemii

Thank you for the follow up. I found this forum for changing by characters. https://wordpress.org/support/topic/limit-title-to-25-characters

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

Pattaya Property GURU
    December 21, 2014 at 8:33 am #101336

Hi, I just messed up my Line 137 Code. Does anyone have the original default code just for this line? Basically all the text is overflowing to the bottom number. http://www.pattayaproperty.condos

December 22, 2014 at 4:32 pm #101390

Hi Pattaya

You have the original file in the theme pack you downloaded from theme forest in order to install the theme.

Thank you

January 21, 2015 at 6:21 pm #102105

isn’t this something that should be standard in the next version of wp res and estate…?

title on 2 lines and just auto strip it, it is a pain in the butt

January 22, 2015 at 12:28 pm #102143

I re-checked my info. It’s not what I thought it was. We will add this for wishlist.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.