• Tealady46
    June 23, 2015 at 8:37 am #112659

Hi All

I really don’t need the google map in my property headers, as the location of my properties aren’t precise enough for it to be of much use to my clients. I embed a more generic google map in the property write up, as this works better for what my clients need.

It’s a pain having to set up long and lat for no reason, so would be good to know if there’s a way to remove or hide the map (preferably remove completely)? It’s a shame as it’s a cool feature but just not relevant for our business.

chezdechez.com” target=”_blank”>chezdechez.com

July 31, 2015 at 1:27 pm #117874

Hi Deb

I hope this was answered in private support system here – http://support.wpestate.org/ when we helped with the speed ticket.

Please use the support ticket for any question you have about the theme. Forum is just for sharing info of general interest, but this is not for client support.

Thank you

August 3, 2015 at 11:01 am #118150

Hi Anna

Sorry for this. I thought, as it wasn’t a major issue that it was better on the forum. However, yes you did answer my question perfectly on the speed support ticket.

For anyone who stumbles on this question and is struggling with site speed, Anna suggested that as I have a lot of properties (currently around 170) it might be best to ‘enable read from file for pins from google maps settings’ as a way of speeding up the property search page loads on my site.

This along with using WP Fastest Cache (the premium image cache version), our site is at least 4 times faster. In fact I’ve just run a pingdom test on our main properties page and achieved a load time of 1.64s. Admittedly, it was via Amsterdam and we’re in the UK but a few months ago the load time was around 9 seconds even across Europe, so this is amazing.

Thank you once again Anna for coming up with simple, workable solutions.

Camelia Support Team - WP Estate
    August 4, 2015 at 10:05 am #118287

Hi Deborah

Thank you for posting above here.
    Also for site speed please see this forum topic: http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/web-mobile-site-speed/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.