• Sebastian
    March 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm #24744

Hi Anna

I am trying to figure out a manual payment work around, as paypal is not available in my currency. This subscription service is vital to my site.

My thoughts are to create a page with a table of the packages available and a form to select an option. Payment could then be managed with woocommerce and another payment plugin. User package activation could (I assume) be managed by me though the admin panel by entering the Package Id & Package Activation date in the user area manually.

It is a long way around, but do you think it could work?

Regards

Anna
    March 4, 2014 at 1:49 am #24825

Hi Sebastian,

You can manually assign a package to a user from Admin – Users – Edit Users.

You can also create packages and make them not visible, so they exist in the theme, but they don’t show to users in frond end.

You can find a plugin/shortcode for tables to present your packages outside user dashboard.

The only thing I’m not sure of is how you make the payment. I personally haven’t tried any third party plugins that allow you just to make payments.

We can also install another merchant, as custom development. It would take some time, but I assume that a plugin that supports payments gateway also costs money. If interested in this option, send me an email to annapx0909@gmail.com

Thank you
    Anna

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Anna.
    sebastian
    March 4, 2014 at 9:13 am #24868

Hi Anna, thanks

So far I have created table with ‘sign-up’ buttons links directly to a 2checkout.com product (which is a duplicate of the package chosen) and it works perfectly. Now I need to achieve the following:

1. Edit the message that tells the user his package has reached its limit. I need to either add a link to the table page here or insert the table on this page. Which file do I edit.

2. I need to disable the paypal & package info on the profile (but not switch it off in the admin area)

3. Find a way to link the user details to the payment details to re-conciliate the package info in the admin area.

Regards

Anna
    March 6, 2014 at 3:22 am #25125

Hi Sebastian,

We’ve never done this. I assume you know your way in WordPress development.

This is the best I can help you with:

1. Edit the message that tells the user his package has reached its limit. I need to either add a link to the table page here or insert the table on this page. Which file do I edit.

-> did a search in the theme files.
    -> The message is written in libs/templates/front-end-submission.php ~98

2. I need to disable the paypal & package info on the profile (but not switch it off in the admin area)
    -> You can use this CSS:
    .submit_container {
    display: none;
    }

3. Find a way to link the user details to the payment details to re-conciliate the package info in the admin area.

-> This one I can’t help with as it would require we do the actual development.
    -> Right now, the user’s account is updated after payment is made at PayPal. We have IPN messages being sent to the theme to confirm payment was done and processed. The connections are made in many files and they’re all connected to PayPal gateway API.
    -> You need a total different way of handling payments, a way which we haven’t done yet. The entire process has to be modified.
    -> We spent ~40 hours on PayPal. Adding a different gateway takes less, but it’s still a lot of time.

I thought you wanted to make payments independent from the theme, and update the user account and package manually. That you can do.

Hope this helps. It’s really the best I can do.

Anna

nicolas
    September 23, 2014 at 2:58 pm #89534

sebastian

Have you find any way to do this? I’m having the same problem. It’s vital for me too

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.