• Fuji
    March 3, 2014 at 5:14 pm #24777

I would like some menu items to have different behavior based on if an user is logged in or is just a guest. for example

1) Post Property: If the user is not logged in it should redirect to login page and then auto redirect to post property
    2) My profile/My Dashboard: This should show up on the menu only if the user is logged in.

Any solutions for that?

March 4, 2014 at 2:15 am #24831

Hi Fuji,

This is not an easy one. It can be done,but it needs advanced changes in the code. It’s not something we can guide you to do, as it requires modifications in various files and we actually need to do the changes to make sure they are correct.

If you’d like to review this as custom development, please let me know.

Thank you

March 5, 2014 at 4:34 pm #25048

Thanks Anna – I will add it to the list of items that we discussed over email.

Also I am opening a new forum item for each new topic so it’s more searchable for other users looking for the same thing. Hope that is ok.

June 4, 2014 at 5:46 pm #40388

Hey Anna,

Based on your response at http://themeforest.net/item/wp-estate-real-estate-responsive-wordpress-theme/5042235/comments?filter=all&term=login&utf8=%E2%9C%93#comment_6769153 it looks like if a user is trying to access a “protected” page, it should take them to the login page if they are aren’t logged in. However, I don’t think that functionality works, even if the Login and Register URLs in General Settings. Can you please look into it?

June 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm #40535

Hi Fuji,

Thank you for the comment. But I think there is a confusion.

That comment refers to the User Dashboard pages only (My Profile, Add New Property, My Properties and Favorites). And as I mention there, you should not share these pages with a user. Only add the LOGIN and REGISTER in the top bar and after people login,they have access to their user dashboard.

These pages are only for logged in users, and they are accessible after user logins (from the user menu – top). If user is not logged in, these pages would show a PAGE NOT FOUND message.

If you make a page private (I assume it’s the wordpress option) – it’s something else than what I describe above. We don’t have any feature related to the “private” option of WordPress for posts. If you tell me more about your need, maybe we can help as custom work.

Thank you

September 2, 2015 at 5:04 am #122811

Don’t know if you got a solution for this. I ended up using this. Hope this helps

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.