• mitchoo
    November 7, 2014 at 4:57 am #100580

How to show Vimeo/Youtube videos after the self hosted images, in other words, don’t show these videos automatically but leave it to the visitor? These videos are hosted elsewhere which is great, but Vimeo/Youtube gather cdn and visitor data that causes delay of the initial view of self hosted property images.

Some suggested future improvements related to this:
    1. Kindly consider to move the image/google map-icons to the upper-right to prevent blocking the service messages from Vimeo, Youtube and Google sreet view shown in the upper left corner.
    2. Consider to put a banner over the thumb of the video to make visitors aware it’s a video instead of an image.

November 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm #100603

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the self hosted videos, we do not know if this is possible. We have added this on our wishlist and we will investigate.
    For the future improvements:
    1. You can use the map header so you will not have visible icons on the slider
    2. You can hide the navigation tabs and you will see the play button f the video HELP:http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/make-property-slider-thumbs-closed-by-default/

Thank you,

November 13, 2014 at 12:53 am #100647

Hey Mitchoo –
    I need to do the same thing – my customer wants the photos to display first but have their YouTube videos display last in the slider. So I modified (in a child theme) templates\listingslider.php and moved the video section (around line 47) after the photo section. Basically just reversed the order so the photos come first. I also had to remove the class name “active” from the line (now at line 97) that begins “$indicators.='<li data-target=”#carousel-listing”…… and also from the line (now at line 101) “$slides .= ‘<div class=”item ‘.$videoitem.'”>’;”.

It would be great if this were something we could control from the theme options, though.

Hope that is helpful.

November 15, 2014 at 10:51 am #100710

Thanks Cindy. Though you explained it very clear, I couldn’t get it done. Hopefully Anna’s team can find time to explain how to redefine the “if” condition/rules at line 46 and 74. We’ll wait patiently.

$has_video = 1;
    $counter = 1;
    $videoitem = ‘videoitem’;
    if ($slider_size == ‘full’){
    $videoitem = ‘videoitem_full’;

if( has_post_thumbnail() ){
    if($counter==1 && $has_video!=1){
    $active=” active “;
    $active=” “;

November 20, 2014 at 4:00 pm #100801

Hi mitchoo

Please confirm what you need to do and you can’t. I don’t understand.

If it’s the thumbs and slides order, cindy seems to have managed changing the order and although I didn’t have the chance to write the code she mentions, if she managed to do it it means that’s the way.

If it helps we use Boostrap Slider.

Thank you

November 21, 2014 at 2:12 am #100805

Current: Videos hosted elsewhere are displayed before self-hosted photos (WP Residence setting).
    Problem I: When videos load slow, they block initial display of the self hosted photo’s.
    Problem II: Youtube and Vimeo collect visitor data, so customers are exposed.
    Solution 1: don’t use videos hosted at Youtube or Vimeo.
    Solution 2: display photos first, videos after.
    approach A. follow Cindy’s way (tweaking), that is, disable automated display and reorder things.
    approach B. redefine the if condition rules such that the photo’s show first.
    approach C. enable to self host videos.

Solution is up to you to choose. I know a bit but I am not an expert. Bootstrap is know to be bug ridden. Maybe that’s why I couldn’t get Cindy’s way done.

If I’m the only one who want this, don’t bother, am happy with what I got. There are other ways to insert videos.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.