• puiu
    December 9, 2013 at 9:15 am #10439

Hi Anna,
    I’m working to customise the theme for using it like a general business directory theme. Everything is fine because the theme is built in a smart way, clean and well organized .
    I just want to ask how easy/difficult is to have the possibility for user to choose multiple categories in frontend submit page? ( Categories to be displayed like checkboxes or something similar)

December 10, 2013 at 8:43 pm #11009

Hi Puiu,

I’ll run this over with my partners and let you know. I need their technical expertise to answer.

I’m really happy you find the code easy to navigate. That is wonderful news I’ll share with my partners as well 🙂

I’ll post a reply tomorrow.

Thank you

December 11, 2013 at 9:59 am #11162

Hi Puiu,

What you want to accomplish, is not very easy but not too hard also.

You should

1. display the categories in a checkbox format or a multiple select list. Capture the Post value for categories as array. This is done in libs/templates/front-end-submission.php

2. In user-dashboard-add.php – you need to work with the current wp_set_object_terms to add all the categories. wp_set_object_terms accept array so should be pretty straight forward assuming you are sending the POST values correctly.

Good luck!
    Dev Team

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.