• Paolo
    January 8, 2014 at 9:29 pm #17498

Hi, Anna
    I propose again a question that probably you lost during holidays 🙂

I need to make a lot of changes in property details, i.e.: hide the ‘Listing Id’ rather than the ‘Country’ field; modify the ‘Area’ line (btw, what does it mean ‘all’, there?)… and so on. Then I need to change their order too.
    … I state to be totally ignorant in PHP but …it seems to me that the changes should be made to the file ‘single-estate_property.php’.
    Have I to generate a new single-estate_property.php’s file in the child theme with the new code that I would edit in order to apply changes to the original one and maintain them after subsequent updates? Then, have I to delete the fields that are useless for my needs or have I to change their ‘true’ status into another one? (If yes, in what?)…
    Well, in detail, the main objectives are:

• have a personalized Listing ID instead of the one generated automatically (that might be hidden, being conflicting with the one assigned from agencies);
    • hide the fields Area, County, State, Zip and Country because the site is operating on a single county and without any areas
    • hide the field Neighborhood / Area wherever it appears

Please, let me know.
    Thanks again

January 10, 2014 at 5:36 pm #17859

Hi Paolo,

I missed this by email. But thank you for the follow up.

Basically, you want to removed property fields which are not custom currently.

Country and Listing ID are the items that appear always.

The rest don’t show if you don’t fill them in. They only show in compare page, which you can also edit.

The pages are listed here http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/edit-default-property-details/

If you want to delete the fields from the .php file and do these changes in the child theme, the process is a little more complex that style.css child theme.

You will need to de-register the php file you’re modifying and then register it again in child theme. This is the wordpress link for this http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Hope it helps. And again, sorry for missing previous emails.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.