• issues
    March 19, 2014 at 1:05 am #27381

Has anyone figured out how to order the images in the small slider gallery of a property? No matter what I do, I have zero control over which image is to be used as the main image. I have tried various methods from upload one image at a time, renaming the files in numeric order, choosing images randomly when uploading, etc. The star to set the featured image does nothing. Basically, no control what so ever. I am pretty sure an “agent” will be so confused and unhappy trying to set the main image as the house instead of a bathroom.

March 19, 2014 at 7:36 am #27429

Thanks for the email.

The order of the images in slider is controlled from wp-admin/upload images only.You can drag/drop images in the order you need and they apply for small and large slider.

This video applies for small slider too: http://wpestate.org/video-tutorials/attach-images-to-a-postpage/

The Featured Images selection in front end submission not being saved, is a known behavior we’re fixing. It will be in version 2.041 very soon.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Thank you,

March 19, 2014 at 7:46 am #27431

Thanks Anna.. I do not see how to “order” them. I unattached, attached etc. many different ways but they still seem to just display however they want LOL.
    I did however figure out how to set the featured image manually until the bug is fixed.

March 19, 2014 at 7:55 am #27432

I just tested on core. In works to drag/drop the images in wp-admin to confirm the order. Featured Image is always first (and in case you have a video too – the featured image is replaced by the video). This is for small slider only.

This screenshot may help http://help.wpestatetheme.org/assets/images/upload2.png

If you still can’t make it work, please send me wp-admin credentials and I’ll do a test on your domain directly (annapx0909@gmail.com)

Thank you

March 19, 2014 at 8:13 am #27435

Oh wow, that was easy.. thank you for the pic, that helped a lot. Now that is how the front end should work for the agents 🙂 That would really put this almost perfect theme as the best theme on the market 🙂

March 19, 2014 at 8:23 am #27436

🙂 We will add this on front end submission too in the future.

March 19, 2014 at 8:40 am #27437

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.