• Tealady46
    February 26, 2015 at 1:04 pm #103760

Hi all

Hopefully a simple question. Any ideas how I can get the thumbnail images on my property pages to drop down below my larger slideshow images. Mine currently overlap. I’ve half solved the problem by reducing the opacity but would love them to show properly without compromising the main image.

Camelia Support Team - WP Estate
    February 26, 2015 at 2:09 pm #103767

Hi Tealady
    Thank you for your message.
    You can make property slider thumbs to be closed by default.
    Please see this forum topic: http://wpestate.org/forums/topic/make-property-slider-thumbs-closed-by-default/
    Thank you,

February 26, 2015 at 2:28 pm #103768

Hi Camelia

Thanks for this. I don’t however want to hide the thumbnails. I’d like the thumbnails to show below the slider, so both can be seen clearly without affecting the other.

Guessing it’s a bit of CSS but the best I’ve been able to do is change the opacity rather than being able to drop them down a couple notches

March 25, 2015 at 5:11 pm #104994

Hi Deborah,
    I needed to do the same thing. I put this CSS in to the custom CSS area and it works. Just set the minimum height for the slider. Adjust the height to whatever you need it to be.
    Go to Appearance > WpResidence Options > Design > Custom CSS and paste this:

min-height: 644px;

I hope it works for you.

March 26, 2015 at 12:33 pm #105062

Hi Jenny

Thanks for this. I’d actually solved the problem in a slightly different way by setting padding for the main carousel image. Here’s the CSS I used in the end which works for me. I think this way it’s responsive too. Although I may be wrong on this!

.carousel-inner > .item > img,
    .carousel-inner > .item > a > img {
    display: block;
    height: auto;
    max-width: 100%;
    padding-bottom: 11%;
    line-height: 1;

Here’s what it looks like on my site:

Appreciate you posting your solution. Either of ours may work for others and save someone a bit of a headache in the future:)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.