• Paolo
    February 6, 2014 at 7:55 pm #21627

Anna, I want to point out a problem that I’ve encountered a lot of times in these days. Too much times, indeed.
    Most of my new users tend to use – to register themselves – free spaces, i.e.: “pippo potamo agency”. Not separating words with underscores, but using ‘improper’ free spaces ( God, forgive them for they know not what they do! LOL! )
    But… this is a big problem: if spaces are always accepted by WP Estate in registration… not the same when registrants try to enter afterwards.
    And the worst is that – as admin – I can’t subsequently change their username appropriately. So, their registration is virtually burned and I need to claim them to re-register again to solve this problem. Embarrassing… is there another way to approach / solve this problem?

Anna
    February 7, 2014 at 10:12 am #21752

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’m well aware not all people think alike and we should cover all possible scenarios. Sometimes we need an outside eye to help us test scenarios we don’t imagine. But your clients feedback is really helpful for improving this.

So yes, we can prevent people from registering an invalid account with username that includes blank spaces. But it requires some development. This will have to be rolled out in the next theme version 2.04 (can be 2 weeks or so until it’s ready as I’m working on WPML at the same time. I hope this timeframe won’t give you too many headaches.

You can add a text highlighted on top/below/or next register form, that no blank spaces (not sure people will read this, but it’s worth a try).

Thank you!
    Anna

Anna
    February 27, 2014 at 2:10 am #24207

Hi Paolo,

2.04 is work in progress and will include this fix. We’re working on multiple items, so I can’t send you just this update in advanced. But will keep you posted as soon as the version is released. Hope to have it ready latest next week.

Thank you
    Anna

Anna
    March 9, 2014 at 3:22 am #25680

Hi Paolo,

You may have noticed 2.04 is on theme forest. The username update is included!

Thank you
    Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

'
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.