• Rob B
    April 3, 2014 at 11:17 am #29996

Hey Anna,

Thanks again for all your great support over the past few weeks, especially with Google Maps.

I just have one quick question about removing a feature from the Google Map code. I’ve tried finding it in the code myself, but I can’t seem to locate the exact line where this happens.

On a property marker on the Google Maps, when you hover over a marker for a few seconds, you get a HTML style “title” pop up. I have verified that this happens even on the WP Estate Demo.

I would love to know how to remove these.

When I build Google Map queries and plot markers, I don’t normally get these, so I’m guessing it has to do with the theme… but I can’t find it in the code! I’ve looked through the google_js files but I seem to be missing it.

Cheers & thanks,

Rob B

Rob B
    April 3, 2014 at 4:59 pm #30030

Actually I think I figured this one out on my own.

In the ‘var Marker’ declaration in the google map javascript files, in the array with position, map, icon, shape, etc., I just change the title to ”. I don’t comment it out, but change it to a null string like that.

I’m not sure how this affects the popup info window on a property because this particular project no longer uses them. So, for other people who need to remove the HTML-like title label that pops up after a few seconds, your mileage may vary.

April 5, 2014 at 7:51 am #30329

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the comment. I understand you figured it out?

Let me know if you need more help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.