• Rob B
    April 3, 2014 at 11:17 am #29996

Hey Anna,

Thanks again for all your great support over the past few weeks, especially with Google Maps.

I just have one quick question about removing a feature from the Google Map code. I’ve tried finding it in the code myself, but I can’t seem to locate the exact line where this happens.

On a property marker on the Google Maps, when you hover over a marker for a few seconds, you get a HTML style “title” pop up. I have verified that this happens even on the WP Estate Demo.

I would love to know how to remove these.

When I build Google Map queries and plot markers, I don’t normally get these, so I’m guessing it has to do with the theme… but I can’t find it in the code! I’ve looked through the google_js files but I seem to be missing it.

Cheers & thanks,

Rob B

Rob B
    April 3, 2014 at 4:59 pm #30030

Actually I think I figured this one out on my own.

In the ‘var Marker’ declaration in the google map javascript files, in the array with position, map, icon, shape, etc., I just change the title to ”. I don’t comment it out, but change it to a null string like that.

I’m not sure how this affects the popup info window on a property because this particular project no longer uses them. So, for other people who need to remove the HTML-like title label that pops up after a few seconds, your mileage may vary.

Anna
    April 5, 2014 at 7:51 am #30329

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the comment. I understand you figured it out?

Let me know if you need more help.

Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.