• Anthony
    May 22, 2014 at 5:51 pm #38470

I am having a little problem.
    We have situations in which a single property needs to be listed as both for rent and for sale. Could you please give me an idea as to how I can accomplish this without having to create duplicated properties.

So in essence, Property X should be listed as “For Rent” and “For Sale” and in its details should contain “Rental Price” and “Sale Price”.

Thanks in advance.

May 25, 2014 at 5:05 pm #38877

Create another action called “both rental and sale”. Then add the property to it.

May 27, 2014 at 3:50 pm #39230

Thank you, Joakim. As always, you are very kind 🙂

Dear Antonio,

Sorry for the delay. I didn’t see this forum until today. The situation you describe was not considered when building the theme. There is only 1 price that can be added to property. You can add new custom fields and add the 2nd price, but it’s a workaround.

About the pin on the map, there is Joakim’s solution which would give you control over pin color and name.

Hope it helps.

Thank you

May 30, 2014 at 4:26 pm #39688

Thank you guys, I am combining both suggestions.
    However, this brings me to a few other questions.
    Question 1:
    Which files do I edit to change the User Dashboard “Listed In” drop-down selection box to a check-box, (like it is in the WordPress Dashboard when editing the property)?
    The reason I would like to have this done is so that when a person is searching for Property in any of these Action/Listed In categories, the property is shown in the search results. However, if the person is searching for either a Sale or Rental property, the property still does not get left out because it also belongs to one of these Action categories.

Question 2:
    I created a custom field (Sale Price), and I have made it a numeric field which is also searchable via the Advanced Search. Now I would like to have it formatted the way the “Price” field is, so that it automatically adds the currency symbol “$” and “,” at the correct decimal places when being displayed to the end user, how would I begin to accomplish this?

Thanks again,

June 2, 2014 at 6:28 am #40060

Hi Anthony,

Both options need custom work. Second option would be easier than first one, but you still need PHP, HTML and CSS skills to do that. It’s not easy and we can’t guide you to do the change as we have to do the code in order to guide you.

If you can’t find a developer to help with modifying the code, you can send me an email at annapx0909@gmail.com and I will help with a quote. If you are interested, we can schedule this based on team’s availability.

Thank you,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.