• Gregor Hartmaier
    December 21, 2013 at 2:43 pm #14064

Hello Anna 🙂

We had a chat on Themeforest the other day about WPML support,… but I have a total different question/suggestion now.

My client needs the possibility for visitors to register and -when logged in- save their search results and favorite listings. This in general is a very common feature for real estate sites!! I used to build real estate websites for my clients using open-realty.org software for the last 7 years and this software also has this feature. Its also very important for marketing as it sends messages to the member when a new property got added to the database that matches the members saved search criteria.

There is another theme on TF that does exactly all this but has no Google map search 🙁

My question:
    1. Do you think this is doable with your theme? For sure it would be a great enhancement!!
    2. If 1==yes, what would it cost?

Kind regards,

December 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm #14446

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for the comment. Yes, this project is doable and it’s something we’d like to add to core as well, so we can offer a special deal to your client. He can have it sooner, and at a discount rate.

There are some important details we have to figure out (like email support). If you have thousands of people saving searches and the server needs to send thousands of emails at the same time, we have to think of a scalabale solution that can support this. These are just ideas on the spot.

The good news is that we have the technical knowledge to help build this. If interested in an offer, please email me at annapx0909@gmail.com

Thank you!

The forum ‘Custom Work’ is closed to new topics and replies.