• Gladwyn Lewis
    October 22, 2013 at 3:51 am #4163

In the Style.css, there are codes for the icons for bedroom and bathroom as shown below:

.listing_bed{
    background-image: url(‘css/css-images/bed-icon.png’);
    background-position: 0px 3px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    padding-left: 22px;
    margin-right: 12px;
    }

.listing_bedx{
    background-image: url(‘css/css-images/bed-icon.png’);
    background-position: 0px 3px;
    padding-left: 22px;
    margin-right: 5px;
    }

.listing_bath{
    background-image: url(‘css/css-images/bath-icon.png’);
    background-position: 0px 2px;
    padding-left: 20px;
    margin-right: 12px;
    }

Is this to show the icons of the bedrooms and bathrooms in the listings, and if so, how do I enable this for the Latest Listing/Featured Listings Shortcode?

Basically under the Listing_Title and Property_Price, I’d like to have these icons below them.

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 22, 2013 at 4:14 am #4165

Also if you can go to my website, when we click on the search button and choose the right criteria, and click on Search, it keeps going back to the home page and not the search results.

Anna
    October 22, 2013 at 8:51 am #4239

Hi Gladwyn

About:

Is this to show the icons of the bedrooms and bathrooms in the listings, and if so, how do I enable this for the Latest Listing/Featured Listings Shortcode?

Basically under the Listing_Title and Property_Price, I’d like to have these icons below them.

-> you have to modify the PHP and CSS of the shortcode. It’s not something I can guide you to do since it’s not an easy change.
    -> We can do it but as custom development and I don’t think it’s something you want to. Please let me know.

Thank you
    Anna

Anna
    October 22, 2013 at 8:54 am #4240

Also if you can go to my website, when we click on the search button and choose the right criteria, and click on Search, it keeps going back to the home page and not the search results.

-> I saw you added the Advanced Search template in WP-Admin/Pages.

-> Do you still need help with this?

Thank you
    Anna

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 22, 2013 at 2:53 pm #4259

I want to add placeholder text in the Advanced Search widget, how do I go about that. And how do I customize the fields for it?

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 22, 2013 at 8:21 pm #4346

As shown in the diagram, these are minor cosmetic changes. I just need the Property Description below removed.

I remember asking you about this earlier. I just need to center the icons within the white banner.

I’ve removed the first part of the map option, however I need to move the image icons to start in line with the text. How do I go about doing that? Also I want to remove the banner at the side. The light green banner designating this is a property post.

I think the image should be self explanatory. Just minor adjustments here and there to make sure everything is in alignment.

Finally here the text is too close to the border. I’d like to create a buffer area.

These also are minor cosmetic changes in the final image!

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 23, 2013 at 8:12 am #4771

Anna,

Suppose I use the earlier Search Button overlay on the map, how do I link both buttons to lead to the advanced search function?

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 24, 2013 at 5:05 am #4772

Hi Anna,

I’ve done all the changes. The Only changes remaining is linking the normal search button and the advanced search button to the Advanced Search Form. Could you please help me out with that?

Thanks,

Gladwyn

Anna
    October 24, 2013 at 8:53 am #4773

Hi Gladwyn,

This is not the most elegant method, but it’s the easiest one I can show it to you in writing.

Use this CSS classes and edit them in the source style.css (child theme preferrable).

.search_map:hover {
    background: none;
    background-position: -140px 0px;
    background-color: transparent;
    }

.search_map {
    width: 140px;
    height: 130px;
    background-color: #67cfd8;
    cursor: pointer;
    background: none;
    position: absolute;
    background-position: 0px 0px;
    right: 25px;
    box-shadow: none;
    }

.advanced_search_map {
    font-family: ‘Roboto’;
    background: url(‘css/css-images/searchbuttons.jpg’);
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    color: #717374;
    cursor: pointer;
    font-size: 0px;
    padding: 20px 16px 0px 16px;
    font-weight: 400;
    line-height: 22px;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    text-align: center;
    width: 140px;
    height: 138px;
    top: 0px;
    right: 25px;
    position: absolute;
    -moz-box-shadow: 3px 5px 13px 0px rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.2);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 3px 5px 13px 0px rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.2);
    box-shadow: 3px 5px 13px 0px rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.2);
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    }

Add this class:

.advanced_search_map:hover {
    background: url(‘css/css-images/searchbuttons.jpg’);

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 25, 2013 at 8:36 am #4774

Hi Anna,

I did implement the changes and this is what I got.

Any idea why this is happening? Also the Search Icon is randomly happening in various parts of the website like this.

Anna
    October 27, 2013 at 8:19 am #4777

Hi Gladwyn,

I don’t know what may have gone wrong. I edited the original style.css to make the changes and it worked on my test domain.

The file you must edit is wpestate/style.css, not use CUSTOM CSS in Design – Theme Options.

What I did was replace the background of Advanced Search with the Loupe icon, I hid the text with opacity, I removed the Search and I moved Advanced Search up. That’s what the code does. Maybe detailing the steps will help better.

let me know.

Thank you
    Anna

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 27, 2013 at 1:31 pm #4785

I like how the search button looks at default. All I want is the normal loupe search icon to like to Advanced Search, and the Advanced Search to also link to the same function. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Anna
    October 28, 2013 at 1:27 pm #4831

Hi Gladwyn,

In v.193 – to remove the Advanced Search on Revolution Slider and Images, you must go in Theme Options – Appearance. There is a setting for this there with YES/NO control.

About advanced search, if you want to copy the same image as in SEARCH, you must look at the CLASS for .search_map { in style.css and copy the background image.

If you want to remove text (Advanced Search), then you can add opacity 0 to this text.

More advanced changes can be in done in the source CSS, but this is the best I can do as recommendations. I can’t know what unexpected results can happen until I change the code and see the changes live. You noticed what happened last time, with search showing chaotic.

If you’d like to us to do the changes in code, please let me know.

Thank you
    Anna

Gladwyn Lewis
    October 30, 2013 at 9:14 am #5062

Hi Anna,

If you could, That would be really appreciated!

Anna
    November 2, 2013 at 10:08 am #5678

Hi Gladwyn,

I apologize for the delayed reply. For us to change the Advanced Search is minimum 1 hour of work and the hour would be consider custom work, so it would have to be purchased in advance.

Please email me to send you a price offer for this.

Thank you,
    Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

'
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.