• richard
    January 16, 2014 at 3:07 am #19000

are upgrades free? I bought version 1.1 off you 2 weeks ago, and notice 2 is out now..

if so, are they easy to upgrade

Anna
    January 17, 2014 at 12:58 pm #19118

Hi Richard,

It’s very nice to meet you. Yes, the upgrade is free. You ca go to downloads menu in your Theme forest account to download the latest pack.

In the pack you’ll find the folder wpestate. Copy the contents of the folder via FTP manager (such as filezilla) to your domain. The location of the theme installed in your domain is wp-content/themes/wpestate.

We made everything to work smoothly for all clients (old and new) during updates. You may need just to go to Appearance – Themes – activate a different theme then activate WPESTATE again, after you’ve made the theme update. You won’t lose any settings in doing so and the properties will be automatically upgraded to support the latest features added.

Let me know if you need my help.

Thank you
    Anna

Ksearch
    January 22, 2014 at 7:29 pm #19755

Hi Anna! I’m also interested in upgrading the theme from version 2.00 (bought Nov21). I’ve done a lot of tweaks directly in php and js files. Is there a way to know what files (and lines) are going to be replaced by the upgrade? Is there any procedure you recommend so I can migrate smoothly the tweaks done to the new version and let them future-upgrade-friendly?

Thanks!

K.

Anna
    January 23, 2014 at 2:58 am #19764

Hi K,

When we make updates, we usually make changes in many files and it’s hard to keep track of the exact code and files names.

Since your changes are minor, this is what I would recommend.

Make a backup of the theme locally, on your computer.

Update the theme files to latest version.

Then add your changes again.

This time, you can try add them in a child theme. Moving .js and .php changes in child theme requires you have some WordPress development knowledge, but you seem like you know your way around with coding. In the latest theme pack you will have the minimum required to start the child theme and a read me file with the instructions and link to wordpress child theme documentation.

We will soon release 2.03 (it’s a matter of days), then we will add 2.04 with WPML support.

Thank you!
    Anna

Ksearch
    January 23, 2014 at 9:07 pm #19834

Thanks Anna! It looks like I’ll have a lot to do because I skipped the child-theme advise :s I’ll take it as part of the learning curve as a WP newbie.

In the other hand, could you tell us what’s going to be new in 2.03? If its that close it could be worth to wait it for before upgrading! And, how exactly would WPML change the translation method? I’m working in a spanish based site, so far I’ve been using the POedit solution just as you describe it in the help file.

Thanks again for the great support and fine coding! This theme is a pleasure to work with!

K.

Anna
    January 29, 2014 at 6:01 am #20338

Hi K,

Sorry for the delay. I only saw your reply today. Just in time, after I sent the new theme version for approval.

These are the list of modifications:

NEW: Membership & Packages option: Turns registered users into agents automatically (with on/off control)

NEW: Recent Listings shortcodes includes Action, City and Area (you can now create unlimited combinations of listings)

NEW: Pretty Photo gallery on Property Page (for Small and Full width slider)
    UPDATED: Full search support for non-latin characters (tested with hebrew, greek, chinese, cyrilic).

UPDATED: Tweet This for blog posts

UPDATED: POEDIT terms

UPDATED: made phone number and email clickable for agent page list andagent shortcode

UPDATED: all input forms

FIX: Live PayPal API update for recurring payments

FIX: Recent Items listings showing incorrect city

FIX: Pagination for Properties List template, when chosen as homepage.

The theme is pending review, but I’m guessing it won’t be too long until it’s live.

Thank you
    Anna

Chris
    January 29, 2014 at 3:20 pm #20397

One Question about NEW: Membership & Packages option: Turns registered users into agents automatically (with on/off control)

Does this apply only to registered users who did a purchase of a membership package or to all? There is no reason to make a user as Agent if he just have an account. Why dont make an option to convert a user -that have purchased a package and have some properties in their list- into an Agent?

Ksearch
    January 29, 2014 at 6:02 pm #20416

Thanks for the update info Anna! I’ll be looking forward to see the pretty-photo gallery working! That was something that was on my wishing list!

I still wonder how WPML will change the translation method or result.

Kudos for keeping the theme pushing forward!

K.

Anna
    January 30, 2014 at 2:07 am #20441

Hi Chris,

One Question about NEW: Membership & Packages option: Turns registered users into agents automatically (with on/off control)

Does this apply only to registered users who did a purchase of a membership package or to all? There is no reason to make a user as Agent if he just have an account. Why dont make an option to convert a user -that have purchased a package and have some properties in their list- into an Agent?

—–> Right now, this option makes all registered users agents. Admin can delete manually agents that appear on Agent List, or he can show agents he wants on the site, on a page using the featured agents shortcode.

——> Adding more checks (or conditions) to make registered user -> agent, makes the site difficult to run and can lead to loading problems on shared hosting (more processes that have to run in background every time user is created, buys packages, package expires and so on. We have to consider all aspects, for all clients.

——> If additional features to this function are needed, we can discuss this as custom development.

Thank you,
    Anna

Anna
    January 30, 2014 at 2:34 am #20444

Hi K,

Happy to hear you like the new updates. We will continue adding strong features. We aim to be the best at real estate, and we’ll get there for sure 🙂

About
    I still wonder how WPML will change the translation method or result.

I have already tested categories/titles/slugs and advanced search with WPML. It works very well. With WPML you basically create the categories/slugs for each language. Then, you add pins and icons for each language. And search works when titles and slugs match (no matter in what language).

It’s a much more time consuming translation solution, then for example using plugins that do the instant translation with Google Translate. But, it works.

Thank you
    Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.