• Federico
    May 11, 2014 at 4:22 pm #36076

Hi Anna,

you did a great job with this theme.
    I buy it for a single site, but I’m planning to introduce it a multisite installation.

There are a couple of thing I need to understand before doing more buy.

1. The users in Multisite are shared across the network, so if I insert a property as user in one of the site of the network I see the count of the total listings available to me is updated. But I cannot see it in My listings page but only in the site I insert it (in other sites of the network I cannot see the listing above mentioned).
    2. How can be the users and memberships managed in q single place and see the same pages across the network?

Thank you for your time

May 13, 2014 at 2:02 pm #36396

Hi Federico,

Thank you very much for the comment. I’m afraid that WprdPress multisite doesn’t work as you wish to.

Multisite is useful to manage different sub-domains from one place, but each sub-domain has its own theme installed, its own database, its own properties, users, packages and so on.

I hope I explained clearly.

Thank you,

May 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm #36444

Hello Anna,

thank you for your explanation.
    I’m aware of how wpmu is working, but the users, once logged in are able to move across the network and they can see some of their data.

I try to explain better the issue I encountered.
    If me logged in as user on the site I registered the first time, I see all the pages like dashboard, my listings, etc.
    If I move on another site of the same networks, I’m be able to see the dashboard etc as a user of the site, but the listings are different. In this scenario, the only data that is already shared is the data related to the membership, so if I submitted a listing to one of the sites, the count of the total listing of my membership is updated but the view of the “my listings” page is different per site. I hope I explained better the problem.

The idea on the base of my project is to have a network of real estate sites, targeting different locations. Ideally a user should have a single place where to insert and see his own listings, sharing all the info.

If there is not changes to get a similar result I think I should change the way I was thinking about my project.

Thank you for you time and courtesy.

Kind regards,

May 15, 2014 at 8:43 am #36749

Hi Federico,

I understand what you want to achieve, but it’s not possible. The theme gathers data for 1 domain only.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Good luck with the project!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.