How to import demo content
MPORTANT: After demo content is imported, go to Themes – activate an older theme then activate WP ESTATE again. Properties in demo have been added before making some of the newest WP ESTATE features. This is required for properties imported to show in new installs correctly.
How to import demo content in WP Estate Theme
- Go to Admin Panel – Tools – Import WordPress
If you don’t have the WordPress Import plugin installed, follow WordPress instructions and return to this page.
- Open the .xml file from demo_content folder, which you can find in the wpestatetheme_packv1.x, you download from Theme Forest.
- Click on the ‘Upload file and import button
- Select user and check the ‘Download’ checkbox. Then click on the ‘Submit’ button
The import may take serveral minutes, depending on your hosting upload speed.
In care the import fails, your hosting is probably limiting the file size. Contact us for assistance at email@example.com
- When import is finished you’ll see the message: “All done. Have fun!”
- Next set the Menu from Appearance – Menus – Manage Locations – Select Main Menu – and click save.
- Next set Homepage. Go to Settings – Reading – Select a Static Page – Select Homepage V2 from dropdown (or any other homepage version listed there) – click save.
- Next go to Appearance – Widgets and add widgets to the default sidebars.
- Create new sidebars from Appearance – Sidebars.
- When the sidebar is created, go back to Pages – Homepages V2 – Edit Page – Select sidebar – Click save.
- To populate Footer, go back to Appearance – Widgets and by drag & drop add widgets to the Footer Sidebars included in the theme. When you’re done, see the changes live on Front page.