WP Estate/WP Residence- Paypal Settings
How to set up PayPal API
This video helps our clients to set up PayPal credentials. By following the steps in our video tutorial, our clients will be able to create the Live credentials for Live payments and the Test credentials for Sandbox payment:
- You’ll need to make sure that the Paypal payment method is enabled and The Payment Processor page is created;
- Login to create a PayPal Application at https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/myapps. Please make sure that you have an business account;
- For the LIVE API -you’ll need follow below steps at https://www.paypal.com/;
- For the TEST API -you’ll need follow below steps at http://sandbox.paypal.com/;
- The Live/Test credentials will need to be copied in Admin-Membership and Settings
For all the details of the procedure, please watch the video.
1. You need a business account
2. Keep in mind that only some PayPal countries support Credit Card (you can use STRIPE as CC payment as well)
3. A very important aspect is to never translate LIVE or Sandbox from Theme Options-Membership and Payment Settings-Paypal API. If translated the payment method will not work.
Supported countries for CC payment: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/rest_api_payment_country_currency_support/#direct-credit-card-payments
3. Supported currencies, listed in Admin – Theme Options and ready to be used after theme is installed – https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/currency_codes/