WP Residence – How to update the theme included plugins
This video tutorial shows how to update the theme plugins :
A. after theme update and
B. without the theme update.
A. Update the theme plugins after theme update:
1. Update the theme – video tutorial http://wpestate.org/update-wp-residence-via-ftp-via-wp-admin/
2. Activate a different theme from Admin – Appearance – Themes
3. Delete the plugins you wish to update from Admin – Plugins
4. Activate WP Residence again (no settings will be lost)
5. Go to wp-admin and install the plugins again via the notice in header. Or via Appearance – Install Plugins menu (on left area)
B. Update the the plugins with the latest zip from us
1. Open a support ticket here – http://support.wpestate.org/ and ask us for the latest visual composer plugin or latest revolution slider plugin
2. Activate a different theme from admin – appearance – themes
3. Go to Plugins and delete plugins you wish to update
4. Activate the theme. NO SETTINGS WILL BE LOST.
And go to plugins – add new and add the plugins we emailed to you.
NOTE: For Revolution Slider, backup your sliders by editing each slider and exporting it. On some servers this step deletes all sliders. The only way to not lose sliders 100% is to update via FTP.
1. Open a support ticket here – http://support.wpestate.org/ and ask us for the latest visual composer plugin or latest revolution slider plugin. Unzip the files
2. Login via FTP – to wp-content/plugins
Update each plugin by copy/paste and overriding files with the files from the un-zipped folder.