Your address will show here +12 34 56 78

Home Forums WP RESIDENCE – Real Estate WordPress Theme FORUM How to Disable Rev Slider & Visual Composer plugins? Reply To: How to Disable Rev Slider & Visual Composer plugins?

Anna
Keymaster

Hi SDbroker

Roxana, The big problem with just deleting the plugins is that they way you have code the theme, the shortcodes OONLY appear when you use VC. If VC is either deleted or de-activated, the shortcodes don’t appear anywhere. You should change this by having the shortcodes appear in the Editor like they should. Besides, the way the theme is codes is against best practices.

–> Actually – that is not the situation. Shortcodes are in WordPress editor too. Here is a screenshot without Visual Composer activated http://i.imgur.com/APFfnjX.jpg

Not sure how non agents or other agents around the world use the theme, but in the US and especially in very competitive larger markets, agents rely heavily on SEO & search engines to be found by prospective clients. All three of the plugins that you have added in the theme are very bloated and SEO unfriendly, especially VC, as you can verify on their comment section at Themeforest…

–> VC was added because it was requested by the majority of our clients. But we did not integrate our shortcodes exclusively with their plugin because we wanted to leave clients the choice to use another shortcodes plugin. It’s up to you.

–> I checked the SEO comment and I found this –
http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431

SEO Friendly

Visual Composer is fully compatible with most popular SEO plugin by Yoast. Make sure you are on top of search engine results.

—> I cannot check all comments and verify them, but if you are unsure on this plugin – as I said – you are free to choose another one you like. I have not received any complaint from any client that VC would affect their seo.

You have created a very nice theme with lots of potential, unfortunately you chose the developers lazy way of coding it by just adding plugins that make the theme unusable to those agents who need a real estate theme that is SEO friendly and visitor friendly … not just a theme that looks nice with lots of features that bloat the code and not really needed.

–> If you don’t wish Visual Composer – you can delete it now and you can just use our theme shortcodes as they are.

–> We would rather focus our attention and efforts on building real estate features, rather than adding tables, tabs, accordions shortcodes etc – that you can have with another plugin. We works days on development for real estate features.

–> If you believe that our selling points are Visual Composer – Ultimate Addons – and not all the other tens of features for real estate that we created ourselves (without any plugin) – then it is your opinion. But I assure you WP RESIDENCE is the results of almost 2 years of work and code that we wrote ourselves.

On the other hand, from the questions and issues that I read in the theme’s comments section at Themeforest, perhaps this is not a theme geared to working real estate agents but to those looking for a quick buck by having the sellers or real agents advertise their properties in. Am I wrong on this?

–> The theme and the clients who use the theme have managed to create beautiful websites for real estate agents and for people who wish to advertise properties published by other users on their websites. We have created the theme with the settings to be both.

If you have questions about theme features – we have extensive help, video tutorials, and a support team (not one member, but 3) to answer your questions.

Thank you
Anna

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Anna.