Your address will show here +12 34 56 78

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anna 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Gabriel
    Participant

Hi,

After a search, a listing filter option bar is display. It allows to filter depending on properties price and to change display from grid to list.

How could I add sorting options on Cities or County/State for example ?

Thanks !

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi glemarie

What you describe would require new coding I am afraid. We added just sorting because that applies for the search results. If you add Cities and Areas – then the idea of filtering just search results will not apply since the search will work for all properties, not just for the search results.

We have the Properties List which you can use with all the filters available in header.

Thank you
    Anna

Gabriel
    Participant

Hi Anna,

I did a bit of coding to be able to add sorting criterias by modifying :
    – property_list_filters_search.php
    – ajax_functions.php

When I select my new filter (property_city) I have a “no results found”. What I don’t understand is that just changing to “price” sorting option I have results. I compared the arrays of arguments for the queries and the only difference is on the sorting options ([meta_query] is the same, not modified) :
    WORKS :
    [meta_key] => property_price
    [orderby] => meta_value_num
    [order] => DESC

NO RESULTS :
    [meta_key] => property_city
    [orderby] => meta_value
    [order] => ASC

Is something missing ?

Thanks for your help

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel

Debugging third party code is very difficult. If you know you did the code right, check that the categories titles and slugs are correct.

When you go to Properties Categories, Actions, Cities and Areas – you have titles and slugs written correctly, meaning they must match. As in this video – http://wpestate.org/wp-residence-taxonomies/

It’s my best idea. Hope it helps.

Anna

Gabriel
    Participant

I can understand but can you confirm that the two files I modified are the correct ones ?

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel

Please open a support ticket here and will ask my colleagues to confirm the files are correct – http://support.wpestate.org/

Thank you
    Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.