Your address will show here +12 34 56 78

Home Forums WP RESIDENCE – Real Estate WordPress Theme FORUM How to Disable Rev Slider & Visual Composer plugins?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mitchoo 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

sdbroker
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for a great theme!

How can I completely disable Rev Slider & Visual Composer plugins? I have no need for either one.

On most themes if I use the code below on the child theme it allows me to remove either one, but it doesn’t seem to work with your theme.

add_theme_support('deactivate_revslider');

They are both too bloated and add lots of code even when neither one is used to a page or post.

Thank you,
    George

Roxana
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Thank you for your message.

In order to remove the plugins, you will need to delete them from Dashboard-Plugins. This is the only way.

Thank you,
    Roxana

sdbroker
      Participant

Hi Roxana,

Thank you for the reply!

It worked, thank you! However I shouldn’t have to delete them through the dashboard because every time you come up with a theme update they will both be installed again when I update the theme.

Does the theme use hooks and filters? If it does, I should be able to disable any plugins or modules that I don’t need by simply using deactivate_ or disable_ filters in the child theme’s functions.php file. 🙂

Is there a better solution?

Thank you,
      George

Roxana
    Keymaster

Hi George,

This is the only solution.
    When you will update the plugins will not install automatically.
    The notification will always appear.

WE have tried what are you suggesting but it cannot be done.

Thank you,
    Roxana

lucas45
    Participant

If you remove the visual composer plugin, the the shortcodes seem to stop working. is that really the case?

sdbroker
      Participant

Thank you lucas for reminding me about this thread. Roxana, The big problem with just deleting the plugins is that they way you have code the theme, the shortcodes OONLY appear when you use VC. If VC is either deleted or de-activated, the shortcodes don’t appear anywhere. You should change this by having the shortcodes appear in the Editor like they should. Besides, the way the theme is codes is against best practices.

Not sure how non agents or other agents around the world use the theme, but in the US and especially in very competitive larger markets, agents rely heavily on SEO & search engines to be found by prospective clients. All three of the plugins that you have added in the theme are very bloated and SEO unfriendly, especially VC, as you can verify on their comment section at Themeforest…

You have created a very nice theme with lots of potential, unfortunately you chose the developers lazy way of coding it by just adding plugins that make the theme unusable to those agents who need a real estate theme that is SEO friendly and visitor friendly … not just a theme that looks nice with lots of features that bloat the code and not really needed.

On the other hand, from the questions and issues that I read in the theme’s comments section at Themeforest, perhaps this is not a theme geared to working real estate agents but to those looking for a quick buck by having the sellers or real agents advertise their properties in. Am I wrong on this?

lucas45
    Participant

Why do you say it’s not seo friendly?

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Lucas

If you remove the visual composer plugin, the the shortcodes seem to stop working. is that really the case?

–> If you use Visual Composer shortcodes – those work only with the plugin active.

Thank you
    Anna

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi SDbroker

Roxana, The big problem with just deleting the plugins is that they way you have code the theme, the shortcodes OONLY appear when you use VC. If VC is either deleted or de-activated, the shortcodes don’t appear anywhere. You should change this by having the shortcodes appear in the Editor like they should. Besides, the way the theme is codes is against best practices.

–> Actually – that is not the situation. Shortcodes are in WordPress editor too. Here is a screenshot without Visual Composer activated http://i.imgur.com/APFfnjX.jpg

Not sure how non agents or other agents around the world use the theme, but in the US and especially in very competitive larger markets, agents rely heavily on SEO & search engines to be found by prospective clients. All three of the plugins that you have added in the theme are very bloated and SEO unfriendly, especially VC, as you can verify on their comment section at Themeforest…

–> VC was added because it was requested by the majority of our clients. But we did not integrate our shortcodes exclusively with their plugin because we wanted to leave clients the choice to use another shortcodes plugin. It’s up to you.

–> I checked the SEO comment and I found this –
    http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431

SEO Friendly

Visual Composer is fully compatible with most popular SEO plugin by Yoast. Make sure you are on top of search engine results.

—> I cannot check all comments and verify them, but if you are unsure on this plugin – as I said – you are free to choose another one you like. I have not received any complaint from any client that VC would affect their seo.

You have created a very nice theme with lots of potential, unfortunately you chose the developers lazy way of coding it by just adding plugins that make the theme unusable to those agents who need a real estate theme that is SEO friendly and visitor friendly … not just a theme that looks nice with lots of features that bloat the code and not really needed.

–> If you don’t wish Visual Composer – you can delete it now and you can just use our theme shortcodes as they are.

–> We would rather focus our attention and efforts on building real estate features, rather than adding tables, tabs, accordions shortcodes etc – that you can have with another plugin. We works days on development for real estate features.

–> If you believe that our selling points are Visual Composer – Ultimate Addons – and not all the other tens of features for real estate that we created ourselves (without any plugin) – then it is your opinion. But I assure you WP RESIDENCE is the results of almost 2 years of work and code that we wrote ourselves.

On the other hand, from the questions and issues that I read in the theme’s comments section at Themeforest, perhaps this is not a theme geared to working real estate agents but to those looking for a quick buck by having the sellers or real agents advertise their properties in. Am I wrong on this?

–> The theme and the clients who use the theme have managed to create beautiful websites for real estate agents and for people who wish to advertise properties published by other users on their websites. We have created the theme with the settings to be both.

If you have questions about theme features – we have extensive help, video tutorials, and a support team (not one member, but 3) to answer your questions.

Thank you
    Anna

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Anna.

sdbroker
    Participant

Hi Anna,

Actually – that is not the situation. Shortcodes are in WordPress editor too. Here is a screenshot without Visual Composer activated http://i.imgur.com/APFfnjX.jpg

After seeing the screenshot on the link, I realized that the theme’s shortcodes were hidden by the regular editor’s “Toggle” button… My bad on this but it’s the first time that I see theme’s or plugin’s shortcodes hidden by the toggle button.

SEO Friendly

Google & other engines now a days put a lot of weight on the page’s load time. Use this link http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ to see the page’s load time with VC, Utltimate VC & Revo Slider activated and use it again on the same page with those 3 plugins deactivated and you can see the difference.

In addition SEs put a lot of weight on the code to content ratio in a page. All 3 of the above plugins add lots of code even on pages that they are not used. Use this link https://www.woorank.com/ to review a page’s code to content ratio with and without those 3 plugins activated… Use any page, preferably one that none of the 3 plugins is actually used.

Visual Composer is fully compatible with most popular SEO plugin by Yoast. Make sure you are on top of search engine results.

If you look at the Page Analysis tab in the Yoast SEO section of any page that VC, Ultimate VC & Revo Slider is used to add headings (h2, h3, h4, etc.), images and image title, alt and description, or tabs, accordion, etc. you will notice that Yoast DOES NOT see any of those headings, images, and content in the other elements. Yoast SEO ONLY sees content within the VC’s Text Block element… So why would I want to use VC to add content if I cannot see calculated the keywords, headings images, image metadata and number of total words within VC & UVC elements when I use Yoast? I can add all this content in the regular WP Edit along with a couple of tags, style it in the child theme and get similar visual results with all content seen and calculated from Yoast (the most widely used WP plugin).

If you don’t wish Visual Composer – you can delete it now and you can just use our theme shortcodes as they are.

Even when I delete VC, I still see that you have tagged buttons as vc_button in the theme’s files, so I still need to look at the files & clean them up to get rid off the excess code that I’m not using.

If you believe that our selling points are Visual Composer – Ultimate Addons – and not all the other tens of features for real estate that we created ourselves (without any plugin) – then it is your opinion.

No, I don’t believe that and Ipurchased the theme for what YOU have done NOT for the plugins that come with it, which by the way I had purchased (both VC & UVC) to try way before you even made this theme. And I assure you that I purchase the theme for the potential I saw in it and the hope that one day, hopefully soon you’ll correct/add the few functionality things that are missing.

clients who use the theme have managed to create beautiful websites for real estate agents

Beautiful websites is what attracted me to this theme… However, besides a beautiful website I’d like to see you making it a bit more user (consumer) friendly for those of us agents who want to use the theme.

If you have questions about theme features – we have extensive help, video tutorials, and a support team (not one member, but 3) to answer your questions.

Besides this one I also had an earlier ticket request to add a couple DRE REQUIRED fields for US agents that are missing (agent license # and brokerage info).Unfortunately you guys thought that they were not important to add because it was too much work suggesting work arounds, although as I said it took me less than 10 minutes to add those fields in the child theme… and I even pointed out the exact filed that those fields need to be added.
    I have also had back & forth emails with you suggesting ways to fix the mobile issue and make the search, map & property link in sync because of the way it currently is on the half map – half property list page, is not really usable. Hopefully someday you will put a bit more effort in putting the elements in that page in sync working properly than in the payment types that your non-agent advertising clients are requesting and adding plugins bloating the theme’s code just to make it look beautiful!

Sorry if I’ve been a bit harsh but as I have told you on several emails I see lots of potential on this theme and I’m getting a bit discouraged when I see you guys putting more work to make it look beautiful for those advertising users instead of making it lighter and more functional for those who need a “REAL” real estate theme to be found and retain actual consumers!

Thank you,
    George

mitchoo
    Participant

WPresidence theme is almost perfect George, maybe spend some time to learn about it first, it has a learning curve. It’s ridicously low priced, commercially available alternatives start at 2K… You will recognize WPresidence its quality after having purchased a bunch of other stuff for WP… Halleluja 🙂 I am a professional web developer and real estate agent for 25 years. Additional functions have always been hidden behind the editor, it’s standard WP practice. To fully remove VC and UVC you have to delete its database fields. Avoid all of this by simply doing a reinstall without installing the plug-ins. VC, UVC, WPML are all ‘plug-in dragons’, handle with care. Read some of the reviews left at Themeforest why this theme is good. Cheers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.