Your address will show here +12 34 56 78

Home Forums WP ESTATE – Real Estate WordPress Theme FORUM Search does not work properly

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anna 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Ernesto

Hi, I have another question.

The search does not seem to work properly. In my site there are 27 properties but if I create the property list page displays only 6. Among other things, the search does not seem to work properly. This is my site and the property list page, still under construction:

http://calabriaholiday.it/index2.php/strutture/

thanks!

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

I just finished looking over this. I had to edit the category “b&b” slug as it wasn’t correctly written. It should be created by wordpress.

I also added custom CSS for checker width and property detail height:

.checker {
    width: 192px;
    }

.property_listing {
    min-height: 383px;
    {

You should add these to child theme style.css, to not overwrite the responsive CSS.

Now the properties list displays all 27 lists. I edited the number of properties shown on one page from Theme Options, to check the number. You can edit that back after you confirm all listings are there.

I also added custom advanced search, with the fields you had there, but i changed the order a little as Advanced Search type has only 6 custom posts, since type + category are default.

All looks ok for me. Please test and confirm. If you need my help, please let me know.

Thank you
    Anna

Ernesto

It now seems to work well. Only the field “available from” does not seem to work well. There is a property with the active field but could not find with the search date

Thanks for help!!

Ernesto

One more thing. In the advanced search page, if you select the category quickly, the search system goes haywire. For this to work well you should select slowly, but users do not always do so 🙂

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

About item 1 – solved. The custom field for date was not “date type” and in Advanced Search I switched date bigger with date smaller (will check this on core as well).

About item 2 – what browser are you testing? I’ve never had the advanced search problems, no matter how fast I select.

Thank you
    Anna

Ernesto

About item 2 – I’m using chrome but now I also did a test on explorer and there is the same problem. If the selection of categories will speed the search does not work correctly

Ernesto

In the map on the home category B & B does not work well. I still have not figured out how to make it work?

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

Found the solution to b&b. I wrote is b & b and it works. You will have to upload again the pins and icons for this category.

About second item, I re-tested today. Do you mean the filters on this page? http://calabriaholiday.it/index2.php/ricerca-avanzata/ Please let me know

Thank you!
    Anna

Ernesto

Ok for B & B, thanks!!

http://calabriaholiday.it/index2.php/strutture/ This is the page, try to select and/or deselect categories and the research seems to go haywire

Ernesto

Sorry, try to select and/or deselect quickly and the research seems to go haywire

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Enesto,

Understood. We’ll look into this and offer an update in the next days. This requires a more details investigation.

Thank you!
    Anna

Ernesto

OK Anna, I look forward to!

🙂

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

Happy holidays! we’ve decided to postpone the release of v2.02 after Christmas (so around 28-29dec it should be available).

Thank you for the patience 🙂

Anna

Ernesto

OK!! Happy holiday and good work!

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

Happy New Year!

The update 2.02 is at Theme Forest.

We added a modification for the Description in front end submission and we made the Ajax filters not clickable while search is done, so there are no more confusions.

If you do the update, it will solve both items.

Thank you,
    Anna

Ernesto

Great News, I’ll try in the next few hours

Happy new year!

Ernesto

I did the update and tried the two changes and they work great! I noticed, however, that the free submission does not work. If I select the option “Enable Paid Submission via Paypal? NO” voice “List a Property” does not appear.

You can check if it happens to you too?

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

Yes, it does. Because we created the option to allow users just to save favorites when the paid listing is set to no, and then we assumed that admin will enable membership and offer unlimited free listings to give the users the options to submit properties for free.

But I see your point now and for old clients this logic will be confusing. So later today we’ll make a small revision to 2.02 regarding this logic so that you don’t have to change to Membership. I’ll let you know when the revision is live.

Thank you
    Anna

Ernesto

Ok, legendary!

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

The update is at Theme Forest, ready to be donwloaded.

Thank you!
    Anna

Ernesto

Perfect! DO you know just tell me the files that have changed?

Anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ernesto,

I wrote them down.

user_menu.php
    functions.php
    login_widget.php
    header.php

Thank you
    Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.