I have been using POEdit, Codestyling and WPML extensively. Lately using Loco Translate (free) that offers translation via your webbrowser. Procedure is the same as Codestyling but better. Here is an overview of the steps after you install this plug-in:
1. Check if you have, or create the global languages directory to get this: wp-content/languages/themes
2. Go to WordPresss menu, *Tools/Loco Translate > Manage Translations* Find WPresidence in the list.
3. Click + New language and follow the on-screen prompts.
4. Open the new language file and you can strart translating right away.
5. Click Save when you’re done.
! In case you cannot save, check if the wp-content/languages/themes directory is writable.
! If you just want to change words, like ‘Province’ instead of ‘State’ create ‘en_US : English’ and click Sync and Save. After that open the language and change all you need.